Our intrepid hero is now 20 months old! Whee!
* Mouse over the pictures for captions
Where to start? I have left this entry to be written so late that I have to be sure that I am not documenting things that happened in the 21st month (yes, I am that late!). Perhaps I should just keep it brief and let the pictures shine. A few things I am sure of:
* Adik has at least 14 teeth now
* Food status: Adik loves his peanut butter and toast. Or peanut butter straight up. But he’s game to try what’s on your plate, if he’s in the mood. Lately he’s eaten a lot of peanut butter on a toasted bagel
* Speech status: There is nothing that this child cannot say! If he wants to say it, that is. His vocabulary seems to be growing in leaps and bounds. It is very cute though, how he seems to repeat over and over “Papa, Mama, Yaya” like a family litany.
* Hobbies: He loves the “big thing” and asks for it by name (“big thing”, not iPad). He sings and dances along with his favorite YouTube alphabet songs (think techno meets bad rap, but we all bop along with it). He knows at least half of the alphabets now. Seriously – in one month he went from knowing O and S to knowing at least half of the alphabets! By sight. Both upper-case and lower-case letters. We are incredibly amazed.
OK, before I get too confused as to the 20-month versus the upcoming 21-month entry, let’s just stop here and get to the pictures. Another little SNAFU: we totally forgot to take pictures until about 6 PM on his 20 month birthday. I know. It was a busy time. So the pictures are a combination of a few choice ones from the 29th of August, and most from the next day, the 30th of August. The days tend to be pretty similar anyways. 🙂
Here is Adik playing in the office with his sister:
[[image:2013_0829_rafe03.jpg:Here’s Yaya’s bum:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe04.jpg:Playing nicely together:center:0]]
Now it is time for a snack break. And sharing of the “big thing”.
[[image:2013_0829_rafe05.jpg:Makan and big thing time:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe06.jpg:Nice and calm, before they start fighting over who gets to hold the big thing:center:0]]
Adik dug through Papa’s box of CDs:
[[image:2013_0829_rafe07.jpg:Leaning tower of CDs:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe08.jpg:Counting Crows, anyone?:center:0]]
Next, it is time to play!
[[image:2013_0829_rafe09.jpg:Bend it like Beckham:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe10.jpg:Throwing the soccer ball:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe11.jpg:Winding up to throw this ball now!:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe12.jpg:Chasing after Yaya riding the tricycle:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe13.jpg:Yaya looooves Adik!:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe15.jpg:One of my favorite shots:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe17.jpg:Playing with Mama:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe18.jpg:Wobbling Mama’s lips – w-buh, w-buh:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe01.jpg:Playing with the ribbon rod in the playpen:center:0]]
It was a hot day in August, so we went out to play in the sprinklers:
[[image:2013_0829_rafe19.jpg:Let’s get cooled down!:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe20.jpg:Getting his hands wet:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe21.jpg:He sure likes to wash his hands:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe26.jpg:See what I mean?:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe27.jpg:Wet wet wet!:center:0]]
[[image:2013_0829_rafe28.jpg:One above, one below:center:0]]
And then it is bedtime for little boys (and their sisters):
[[image:2013_0829_rafe23.jpg:Adik is not happy when Yaya goes potty without him:center:0]]
So I distract him.
It’s been such a very fast-moving time. Adik grows and develops so quickly. He is still as beautiful and fun as ever. Happy 20 month birthday, baby boy! Uvooooo!! (This is how Adik says “love you”) 🙂
[[image:2013_0829_rafe22.jpg:Good night to our cheeky Adik and a buttery-shiny Yaya:center:0]]