So, Gary tagged me on Facebook, therefore:
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose up to 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag up to 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. One of my old hobbies is fishing for antlion larvae out of their sand pit traps using live ants.
2. At 9, I was shushed by a guy behind me when watching Raiders of the Lost Ark.
3. I last GMed a Star Wars The Roleplaying Game session face-to-face in real time in late 1999.
4. Between 1989 and 2001 I didn’t own a computer at all and had very little experience with it. 10 PRINT “WHAT THE HELL IS THIS WINDOWS THING?” 20 GOTO 10
5. I owned and wore the same wristwatch (an M-Watch) from 1983 up until its natural death in 1996.
6. I take enjoyment in popping blackheads out.
7. When I was very young I had an issue of Marvel Team-Up where Spider-Man and Mary Jane (who is mystically transformed into Red Sonja) battles Kulan Gath in a museum. I was reading it when the comic fell into a storm drain.
8. I can stay up until 3 in the morning to kill mosquitos, and have vanquished dozens of the annoying little bugs before I was satisfied enough to sleep. Don’t know if I’l do the same with Mansquito, though.
9. I saw all three Star Wars Special Edition movies in 1997 at the multiplex in one day.
10. I was knocked out while swimming at the beach once. But I came to quickly, but I was blinded. Slowly sight returned as I stood chest deep in seawater. First it was in black and white, then colour slowly seeped in. I still have no idea what knocked me out.
11. I haven’t been in a campout for 15 years.
12. I saw the Glen A. Larson Buck Rogers in the 25th Century pilot episode as a movie on the big screen.
13. I also saw the Spider-Man (starring Nicholas Hammond) pilot episode as well the 2-parters Spider-Man Strikes Back and Spider-Man: The Dragon’s Challenge, as movies on the big screen.
14. I used to have atomosophobia, but I took solace in the fact that I live within vapourization range of a major naval base should it be nuked, so I didn’t have to deal with fallouts and radiation sickness and such. I was about 12 years old when I thought this.
15. Last week I dreamt I was walking in a mall. I heard a click, and saw that there were claymores set near some pillars. They exploded and I woke up.
16. I have never broken a bone in my body. Hopefully I still have more years to go, so perhaps I’ll experience it yet.
17. I wore ortho plates for a couple of years in school.
18. I was a librarian for 2 years.
19. My first date with Ain was in 1996 at an A&W that no longer exists when I passed the town by 2 years ago.
20. I can’t say that I’ve ever seen nor spoken to any supernatural beings such as ghosts, penanggals, leprechauns, merfolk or Boston Brand.
21. I still know the name of every Autobot in the first season of the Transformers G1 animated series.
22. I am a right hander. Sometimes I’m a wrong hander.
23. I’ve got letters printed in the letters page of Dark Horse Comics’ Dark Empire #4 and Classic Star Wars #4. I think I remember mentioning a Skipray Blastboat in one of them.
24. My left foot only has 4 digits and the last one has three toenails. However, there are altogether a set of five bones between them.
25. I think when insulting someone “You stupid fuck!”, you should use the British accent for “stupid” so you’ll have more gravitas. You know like shtew-pid rather than stoopid…. OK. Not really. I just made that up on the fly. But hey, now it’s actually become a random thing that can be listed, so I guess it stands. This list has gone meta.
By the way, January was “Babylon 5 Episode Title Month.” It’s over now.