The entire week was crazy as far as this blog was concerned.
First I couldn’t log onto the backend admin section with my correct password. (Even Sila couldn’t do it with her user account.) And after 10 tries my own blog banned my IP. Brilliant, eh? I went to the Pivot Support Forums for help. Griswald there, told me to download the pv_cfg_settings.php file from the server, remove the 2 IP addresses in the php code and change the installed variable to “0”. That done, I had to register myself as the Superadmin first, then try to sort out the rest later.
Later, it seemed that the database files of each blog entries weren’t being detected by the index.php file. The center column was empty. The Recent Entries block was empty. The Last Comments block was empty. What was wrong?
Checking the admin section, I found out that the Categories had reverted back to ‘default’ and ‘linkdump’… the others such as ‘family pics’, ‘friends’ and ‘misc sci-fi’ were gone. I tried recreating them, but they wouldn’t appear, even after chmodding related files to 777.
I tried the solution prescribed in the Pivot forums earlier, with several variations, but it was all for naught. So I contacted the forums again for help, and again Griswald gave a simple solution to the problem. Just re-upload the backup pv_cfg_settings.php file.
I followed his suggestion, using the raw untouched file, which put me back to square one. I registered our user accounts, and then I found out I could finally recreate the blog categories. I did so, one by one, and allowed the ‘Hishgraphics’ blog to access all the categories.
*Click* Recreate all files
*Click* Recreate index file
*Click* Recreate frontpage
And everything was fine! It seemed like the glitches never happen. Many thanks to Griswald of the Pivot Support Forums. And if any of my 3 regular readers discover any errors in any of the pages which might have slipped under my radar, please e-mail me.